Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting Evolution-Law.com (the “Website”)
Terms & conditions of use of the Website (“Terms and Conditions”)
These Terms and Conditions are an agreement between you and us. Please read them carefully before using our Website as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. By using or accessing our Website you are agreeing to comply with, and be bound by, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all or any part of these Terms and Conditions, please do not use our Website.
The Website is operated by Evolution Law Limited.
The terms “Evolution Law”, “us”, “we” or “our” refer to Evolution Law Limited.
The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our Website.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (EU 2016/679), the data controller of your personal information is Evolution Law Limited.
Our Website contains details of our various services and allows you to communicate with us. Its content is for your general information and personal use only. You should seek further guidance and make independent enquiries before relying on it. We aim to update our Website regularly and may change its content at any time, without notice.
Whilst we carefully check the content of our Website prior to upload, we do not guarantee that such content is error-free. If you make us aware of any inaccuracies in the content of our Website, we will attempt to correct it as a soon as we reasonably can.
We cannot guarantee that our Website will be available at all times. The content on our Website may vary depending on your browser functionality and limitations. We accept no liability if you cannot view any part of our Website or cannot access or receive the full functionality of our Website. We reserve the right to discontinue the Website at any time.
We reserve the right to restrict access to all or any part of our Website, at our sole discretion. Where we block your access to our Website, you must not circumvent or attempt to circumvent such access restrictions.
Our Website assists you to contact us in a number of ways to provide us with your personal details. It provides you with our details to email or telephone us. You may also seek to register with us by completing the contact form on our Website and attaching your curriculum vitae (“CV”) or by sending us your CV by email. If you contact us via the contact form on our Website, we will ask you to expressly agree to these Terms and Conditions.
Once we receive your CV we will send suitable candidates our registration form for completion and return to us, in order to complete the registration process.
You must ensure that any information which you provide to us through our Website or in relation to our Website is true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading. In particular, where you provide your registration form and CV to us, you confirm that their contents are true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading. If any of the information which you provided to us when registering changes, you must inform us immediately by sending us your updated personal details. If you are unable to upload your CV then please email us at [email protected].
By submitting information through our Website, you acknowledge and agree that while we may contact you in response to the information you provide, we are not under any obligation to provide you with any particular product or service. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to refuse to provide any particular product or service to you or any other person or organisation.
We cannot guarantee that our services will lead to any applications, response or result or will result in a placement or offer of employment.
We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions. The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use our Website will not affect either parties’ statutory rights or liabilities.
10. Intellectual Property Rights
All content on our Website is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including trademark and copyright laws.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in our Website and its content are owned and controlled by, or licensed to, Evolution Law. Such content includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
11. Licence to use Website
This is a grant of a licence and not the transfer of title.
- view our Website pages;
- temporarily download the content (both information and software) of our Website pages for caching purposes;
- temporarily retrieve and display the content of our Website on a computer screen; and
- print one copy of content or pages from our Website
solely, for your own personal, non-commercial, temporary use and subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.
You may not:
- republish any content from our Website (including republication on another Website);
- sell, rent or sub-licence any content from our Website;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, distribute, use or exploit any content from our Website for commercial purposes;
- edit or otherwise modify any content from our Website;
- show any content from our Website in public;
- redistribute any content from our Website
- remove any copyright or other intellectual property notice from the content; or
- reverse engineer any software on our Website,
unless you own or control the relevant rights in that content.
This licence will be revoked if you breach any of these restrictions. This licence may also be revoked by us at any time.
12. Acceptable Use
Your use of the Website
You may only use our Website for your own personal, non-commercial, temporary use or in order to receive services from us. Any other use is prohibited.
In particular (but not limited to),
You may not:
Damage to Website
- use our Website in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to our Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of our Website.
Breach of Law
- use our Website in any way which is, or which encourages, unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful conduct or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity or which breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice.
- make, transmit or store electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Interference of use
- use our Website in any way which interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website.
- use our Website in any way to disseminate any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material.
- create a link to our Website from another website or document, without our prior written consent.
- use our Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, key stroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to protect your computers against any viruses and malaware.
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation) scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on, or in relation to, our Website, without our consent.
- use our Website for any purposes related to direct marketing without our prior written content.
Unauthorised use of our Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
You will be responsible for any losses and costs which we suffer in relation to your breach of this section.
13. No warranties
- Our Website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis.
- Nothing on our Website constitutes or is meant to constitute advice of any kind.
- We make no express or implied representations, warranties or provide any guarantee in relation to our Website, its content or any materials provided on it.
- we do not warrant, represent or guarantee that:
- our Website or any service on our Website will be available; or
- the content on our Website is accurate, true, complete, up-to-date, reliable, non-misleading or suitable for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors.
14. Limitation of Liabilities
Your use of any of the content on our Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our Website meets your specific requirements.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, we disclaim and exclude all liability (whether arising under contract law, the law of torts (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) in relation to the content of these Terms and Conditions, our Website, its contents, the use of our Website and any services provided to you arising from it.
We will not be liable to you for (including, but not limited to):
- any direct loss or damage suffered;
- any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage;
- any business losses, including without limitation, loss of, or damage to, revenue, income, profits, use, production or anticipated savings, business, contracts, business relationships, commercial opportunities, reputation or goodwill;
- any loss of, or corruption of, any information, data, database or software, arising from the use of our Website or inability to use our Website or access our services.
We will not be liable to you for any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our control.
These limitations of liability apply even if we have been expressly advised of the potential loss.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless from any and all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising in any way from your use of our Website.
15. Exception to Limitations of Liability
Nothing in the Terms and Conditions will limit or exclude our liability in respect of:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation made by us; or
- liabilities which may not be limited or excluded under applicable law.
16. Other Parties
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with our Website or these Terms and Conditions.
By using our Website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms and Conditions are reasonable. If you do not think that they are reasonable, you must not use our Website.
Any links to external third party Websites which are included in our Website are provided for your convenience to provide fuller information only. They do not signify that we endorse that Website. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked Website. We will not be held liable for any material available on our Website which is provided by a third party.
19. Breaches of these Terms and Conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these Terms and Conditions in any way, or if we reasonably believe that you have breached these Terms and Conditions in any way, we may take any and all such actions as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including (but not limited to):
- sending you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily or permanently blocking your access to our Website (including blocking computers using your IP address from accessing our Website and contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to our Website); and/or
- bringing legal proceedings against you.
We will not be liable for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our control.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we choose to ignore this, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Terms and Conditions.
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any revised Terms and Conditions will apply to the use of our Website from the date of their publication on our Website. Please check this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the current version.
We will not notify you (in writing or otherwise) of any revision of these Terms and Conditions. You hereby waive any right which you might have to be notified of or consent to, any such variation of these Terms and Conditions.
If you do not agree to the revised Terms and Conditions you must stop using our Website. If you continue to use our Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of our Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
We may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of our rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions, without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any other person.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions which will continue in effect.
If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these Terms and Conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
23. Third Party Rights
These Terms and Conditions are for our and your benefit and are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
The exercise of the parties’ rights under these Terms and Conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
24. Entire Agreement
25. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Any disputes (including non-contractual disputes) relating to these Terms and Conditions and/or your use of our Website will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
26. Trade Body Membership
The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) is the largest trade body within the recruitment industry. We are a member of REC and as part of membership, we are required to adhere to the REC Code of Professional Practice. This Code of Professional Practice can be consulted electronically here.
27. Evolution Law details
Evolution Law Limited is registered in England and Wales under company registration number 09025739.
Evolution Law Limited’s registered office is 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, England, WC1N 3AX.
If you have any questions on the Terms and Conditions please contact us at [email protected].
If you wish to instruct Evolution Law for the provision of our services, our standard terms and conditions will apply. A copy of these is available on request.
These Terms and Conditions were last modified on 27 August 2018